While deployed in Microsoft Skype for Business Hybrid mode and adding Call Queues and/or Auto Attendants in Microsoft Office 365 Skype Online Phone System (formerly known as Cloud PBX) a warning is thrown stating the active directory entry is missing for these entities:
If you have Skype for Business Server 2015 CU5 (or later) you can run the recommended “New-CsHybridApplicationEndpoint” cmdlet on-premises as shown in the screenshot above. If you do not have CU5 or above, this cmdlet will return an error when attempting to execute. You can still meet the requirement by adding user objects to your on-premises Active Directory manually using the steps outlined below. This will allow your Call Queues and Auto Attendants to function correctly, suppressing the error seen in the Office 365 Skype for Business Admin Center portal. Additionally, adding this object will allow the objects to show up in your address book, in turn allowing on-premises users to “Skype” call as well as call via PSTN number.
The steps outlined below assume you haven’t created Auto-Attendants (AA) or Calls Queues (CQ) yet. If they are already built, you can skip to step 2.
- Create your AA and CQ in office635 Skype Online.
- A warning will be thrown as shown highlighted above (AD Objects missing). Gather the info supplied by warning (e.g. new-cshybridapplicationEndpoint -ApplicationID, etc”.
- Via Skype Online PowerShell, you can also gather this info via: get-csHuntgroup and get-csorganizationalAutoAttendant.
- Determine which OU on-premises that you want to apply the new user objects for AA and CQ.
- Create new User Objects for each AA / CQ entity using the following as an example:
- Full Name: AA (or CQ) Name
- User Login Name: AA sip address / primary URI (without sip: e.g. oaa_9f643a1301d641d38f97f61685fd3afb
- Domain: Select the appropriate domain for the user logon name.
- Set the following: Password never expires, and account is disabled, no password
- Finish, saving the new user object(s).
- Edit the newly created user object via attribute editor as follows:
- ”msRTCSIP-OwnerUrn”= urn:trustedonlineplatformapplication:ce933385-9390-45d1-9512-c8d228074e07 (NOTE: Use GUID / ApplicationID from the “new-CsHybridApplicationEndpoint cmdlet that was output during creation of the AA/CQ.
- ”msRTCSIP-Line”=tel:+15556661212;ext=1234 (Use appropriate PSTN number assigned to the object)
- Click “Apply” and “OK”
- Run ADSync (or wait for Object to Sync automatically)
- Open Skype for Business Online Admin Center / Call Routing. Check the status of your newly created AA and CQ entries. The status should be: “Active Directory entry out-of-sync”.
- Go to Auto Attendants, select the new Auto Attendant, click on “Edit”, and then “Save”. Wait a few minutes for the changes to synchronize.
- Go to Call Queues, select the new Call Queue, click on “Edit”, and then “Save”. Wait a few minutes for the changes to synchronize.
- Refresh the page or you may even have to exit out of the Skype for Business Online Admin Center and re-enter it. The Status of the objects should be cleared of all / any warnings.