We’re making some updates in response to a new data protection regulation that will come into effect in the European Union on May 25th. We’re using this opportunity to make these updates globally because we believe they’re fundamentally better for our customers and yours.
We’ve taken the following steps to make WebChat GDPR compliant:
- All data stored in SQL is encrypted in rest
- We’ve added a checkbox so that your website visitors are asked if they agree to have their chat messages archived. The consent checkbox is off by default and has to be turned on by an account admin in the admin dashboard.
- Consent archiving checkbox is off by default and has to be turned on by an account admin in the admin dashboard
- Text displayed next to consent checkbox is editable by an account admin
- If this checkbox is enabled, and is not checked, web visitors are blocked from clicking ‘chat now’ or ‘send email’
- Able to search/filter conversations, and delete selected conversations
- Able to search/filter conversations, and export the conversation text of selected conversations
For more information please visit our documentation on GDPR at http://enablingwebchat.com/Documentation/gdpr/
We are excited to continue advancing our WebChat solution.
Please contact Enabling Support at email@example.com with any questions.